With the first issue in the bag and the second less than a fortnight away, those lovely people over at EagleMoss have revealed which ships will be featuring in the first thirty issues of the magazine.
In my opinion there's a real range in here and some great ships that I can't wait to see. This should also help you plan out which ones are your priority buys if you're not intending on getting the full series as I've included the provisional issue dates for reference.
- USS Enterprise NCC-1701-D
- USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (movie refit) (5th September 2013)
- Klingon Bird-of-Prey (19th September 2013)
- Enterprise NX-01(3rd October 2013)
- Romulan Warbird (17th October 2013)
- USS Voyager NCC-74656 (31st October 2013)
- Klingon K'Tinga battlecruiser (14th November 2013)
- USS Excelsior NCC-2000 (28th November 2013)
- USS Defiant NX-74205 (12th December 2013)
- Borg Sphere (26th December 2013)
- USS Reliant NCC-1864 (Miranda class) (9th January 2014)
- Akira class (23rd January 2014)
- Jem'hadar cruiser (6th February 2014)
- Cardassian Galor class (20th February 2014)
- USS Equinox NCC-72381 (6th March 2014)
- Ferengi Marauder (20th March 2014)
- USS Dauntless NX-01-A (3rd April 2014)
- Bajoran Solar Sailor (17th April 2014)
- USS Stargazer NCC-2893 (1st May 2014)
- Klingon V'orcha class (15th May 2014)
- USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E (29th May 2014)
- Krenim Temporal Weapon Ship (12th June 2014)
- Nebula class (26th June 2014)
- Xindi insectoid ship (10th July 2014)
- USS Prometheus NX-59650 (24th July 2014)
- Tholian ship (7th August 2014)
- Romulan Bird-of-Prey (21st August 2014)
- Maquis Fighter (4th September 2014)
- Jem'Hadar bug (18th September 2014)
- Nausicaan Fighter (2nd October 2014)
A whole year and a bit planned out in starships! I'm looking forward to the Equinox, Dauntless and Prometheus models in particular as they're a bit more unusual. The Tholian Web is one of my favourite episodes so week 26 has also got a mark next to it! Odd that we aren't seeing more Enterprise's in these first 30 (only four) and some really odd additions such as the Xindi and Nausicaan vessels.
Is there anything missing from these that you might have expected early on or is this a good range? Do you think that the Doomsday Machine or Gomtuu will be included?
I think it'll allow EagleMoss to demonstrate how much access they have to CBS files and models with the more unexpected creations. Already this range suggests this is going to be a series well worth following either avidly or casually. Hopefully we'll be hearing more in the near future.
You can find out more about the new Star Trek: The Official Starships Collection by getting down to a decent newsagent or by visiting the website now!